Recent Updates & Activities
BALMERINO L/W WORMIT CHURCH SERVICES 2022
01 January 2022
Our Sunday services will be at the following churches and times:-
2 January – Wormit Church – 9.30 am - Rev. David Scott
9 January – Balmerino Church – 9.30 am – Communion Service – Rev. David Scott
16 January – Wormit Church – 9.30 am - Rev. David Scott
23 January – Balmerino Church – 9.30 am - Mr. John Macmillan
30 January – Wormit Church – 9.30 am - Rev. David Scott
6 February – Wormit Church – 9.30 am - Rev. David Scott
13 February – Balmerino Church – 9.30 am - Rev. Dr. Ken Jeffrey
20 February – Wormit Church – 9.30 am - Mr. John Macmillan
27 February – Balmerino Church – 9.30 am - Rev. Dr. Ken Jeffrey
PASTORAL & SERVICES UPDATES
September 13, 2021
PASTORAL SERVICES will be provided by our Interim Moderator, Rev Dr Amos Chewachong, Tel: 01382 542893
Our HARVEST THANKSGIVING SERVICE will be held on Sunday 26 September at 11am. This is a time when we thank God for all he provides for us. If you wish to help those in need you are invited to either bring some food items for the Tay Bridgehead Foodbank or make a donation in the open plate for Christian Aid.
BLYTHSWOOD SHOEBOX APPEAL – there is still time to fill a box or bag for our appeal. Please remember that all boxes and bags need to be brought to the church by Sunday 17 October, so that they can be distributed in time for Christmas. If you have any questions please speak to Kim Falconer.
FIFE VOLUNTARY ACTION AFGHANI REFUGEE APPEAL – the appeal now has all the clothes that they require at the moment, but if you should still like to assist the appeal you can go to the website – www.fva.org – and donate. These funds will be used to purchase specific items and to pay other charities and community groups to provide direct support to Afghan refugees in Fife.
Next COMMUNION SERVICE will be on 7 November 2021
REMEMBERANCE SERVICE will be on 14 November 2021
Please note the changes to the arrangements for the October services
3 October 2021 – Balmerino Church 9.30 am
10 October 2021 – Wormit Church 11 am
17 October 2021 – Wormit Church 9.30 am
24 October 2021 - Balmerino Church 9.30 am
31 October 2021 – Wormit Church 9.30 am
FIFE VOLUNTARY ACTION AFGHANI REFUGEE APPEAL
August 31, 2021
On 31 August, Fife Presbytery’s Church & World Task Group hosted a discussion with representatives of Fife Council, Fife Voluntary Action and Fife Migrants Forum to consider how Presbytery could support efforts being made on a multi-agency basis to welcome Afghani Refugees to Fife.
One action they would like churches to consider that would help immediately was to raise awareness and contribute to the Fife Voluntary Action Afghani Refugees Crowdfunder Appeal.
Fife Presbytery are encouraging Fifers to help raise funds for Afghan families coming to Fife. All funds will be used to buy items, which have not already been donated, to support families.
If you'd like to donate, please visit www.crowdfunder.co.uk/donations-for-afghans-coming-to-fife
Fife Voluntary Action is working with our public sector partners, other third sector organisations and the people of Fife to welcome and support Afghan refugees looking to settle here in Fife.
Right now, we are expecting refugees imminently and understand that many have fled for their lives without their personal belongings. We'd like the generous people of Fife who wish to help address this humanitarian crisis to donate the following items:
• Baby clothes and items, including nappies;
• Children's clothes and toys;
• Adult clothes - particularly warmer clothes and jackets;
• Money (we will use this to purchase specific items/sizes that we have not yet had donated, and to pay other charities and community groups to provide direct support to Afghan refugees in Fife.).
We will update this list regularly to reflect the donations we are receiving as well as specific needs as we get to know the families who are arriving in Fife
How to Donate Goods
We want to make it easy to donate, and so have a list of drop-off points across Fife (we are adding to this list regularly too!):
• Dunfermline - Dunfermline East Church, Nightingale Place, KY11 8LW (Tue-Thu, 9am-3pm);
• Glenrothes - FVA offices at Caledonia House, Saltire Centre, KY6 2AL (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm);
• Kirkcaldy - FVA offices at New Volunteer House, East Fergus Place, KY1 1XT (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm);
• Kirkcaldy - Salvation Army, Hayfield Road, KY2 5DG (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm);
• Colinsburgh - Library, Main Street, KY9 1LS (Fri & Sat, 9am to 12noon);
• Ceres - Village Cafe, 28 Main Street, KY15 5NA (Thu - Sat, 9-11am);
• Cupar - Howe of Fife Rugby Club, Duffus Park, KY15 5HY (Mon to Fri 10-2pm, Tue & Thu 7-8pm);
• St. Andrews - NE Fife Communtiy Hub, St David's Building, Albany Park, KY16 8BP (Mon - Fri, 9am-2pm)
If you have any donations but can’t get to any of the above places to deliver, please bring your items to the church and they will be delivered for you.
Any queries please call Kim Falconer (01334 838827)
NO SERVICE RECORDING
June 13th, 2021
Unfortunately todays recording failed to record. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Hopefully normal service will resume next Sunday.
Every blessing in the name of our Lord