CLUSTER CHURCH LINKS

North East Fife Cluster is a fellowship of churches, namely: Balmerino, Balmullo, Creich Flisk and Kilmany, Leuchars St. Athernase, Newport-on-Tay, Tayport and Wormit.  The churches work together on shared projects, and come together for special shared worship and events.  All the churches fall under the banner of the Church of Scotland and belong to the newly formed Fife Presbytery.

Creich Church - thumbnail.webp
Newport on Tay - outside 2.jpg

CREICH FLISK AND KILMANY

Our Mission Statement-

    K nowing Jesus

    F ellowship together

    C ommunity service


Our CHURCH: Together for 'the Journey'

NEWPORT-ON-TAY

Our vision is to be a church which inspires people with the Good News of Jesus Christ through our enthusiasm, worship, witness, nurture and service.

Tayport Parich Church - outside.jpg
Leuchars - Thumbnail.png

TAYPORT

Welcome to Tayport Parish Church. We are a warm and welcoming congregation of the Church of Scotland with a strong tradition of Biblical preaching and pastoral care.

We are located in North East Fife and we are always delighted to see new and old faces alike.

LEUCHARS ST. ATHERNASE

This historic church is considered to be Fife’s finest surviving example of Romanesque arechitecture. Called St Athernase, it is located on high ground in the centre of Leuchars, in the medieval centre of this village. It was built by Robert de Quinci in 1183-1187 and dedicated by Bishop de Bernham in 1244. An octagonal bell turret was built in the seventeenth century during alterations to the church,  while the nave was rebuilt in 1856-1858 by John Milne, during which time restoration work was also undertaken.

Balmerino Parish Church - outside.jpg
Wormit Church outside.png

BALMERINO

Balmerino Parish Church serves the communities of Balmerino and Gauldry. Each village having their own independent churches before the linking of Balmerino with Gauldry Kirk. Services ran alternating weeks between the two churches for years. As a result of a property review the Gauldry Kirk was finally closed in 2019. Weekly Sunday Services continue at Balmerino Parish Church.

WORMIT

There is history of churches serving the locality of Forgan dating back to 1124. Wormit Parish Church has served the village of Wormit since 1895 from the building that is now called the West Hall, and also from the main church building built in 1899. From humble beginnings as a Chapel of Ease and then through the merger of the Church of Scotland and the United Free Church, and supporting the community through the war years and continuing on now into the 21st century. At the centre of the churches mission has always been outreach and community.

Website link